- Building bridges through Art with schools of India
- H.E Dr. Janice Darbari
- The Honorary Consul General of Montenegro in India
President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Montenegro
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has extended his greetings and felicitations to the Government and people of Montenegro on the eve of their National Day (July 13, 2016). In his message to His Excellency Mr. Filip Vujanovic, the President of the Republic of Montenegro, the President has said, “On behalf of the Government, the people of India and on my own behalf, it is with great pleasure that I extend warm greetings and felicitations to Your Excellency and to the people of the Republic of Montenegro on the occasion of your National Day. It is a matter of satisfaction that India and Montenegro enjoy a relationship of close and friendly cooperation. I am confident that our bilateral exchanges will be further strengthened in the coming years – to the mutual benefit of our peoples. I take this opportunity to convey to you my best wishes for Your Excellency’s good health and well-being and for the continued progress and prosperity of the friendly people of the Republic of Montenegro.”
Congratulation to Dr. Janice Darbari on National Day
- The poster competition is open to children from Class 9th to Class 12th
- All entries will be on A3 Sheets.
- Five entries per school are allowed.
- The decision of the JUDGES will be final .
- Students have to bring their Id cards and their own A3 Sheets
- Painting must be completed within three hours.
- Registration time is 08.00 am.
- Competition starts at 09.00 am.
- Dress Code - School Uniform.
- Students should bring their own poster colours and are free to use sketch pens, markers and geometrical instruments.
- Poster message should be specific and clear.
- Students can use quotations and slogans based on their theme and poster.
The Evaluation Criterion:
Composition 25 marks Message/ quotes/Slogans 25 marks Image/Illustration 20 marks Finishing 15 marks Colour Creativity 15 marks
1. Cultural Tourism
- Summer Carnival in Kotor
- Traditional Summer Carnival held in Kotor every year in February.
- At the carnival, many people along with their families participate with full enthusiasm.
- The aim is to create cohesion at the city level a feeling of collective identity through the study of the past and achieved cultural values and to motivate people for different articulation of society and opportunities in society.
- Montenegro as a Wedding Destination
- Summer Carnival in Kotor
2. Economic Tourism
Durmitor National Park
Film shooting in Montenegro(James Bond 007 - Casino Royale)
Best Beaches in Europe
4. Agriculture Tourism
- It covers about 3,200 ha, or about 1/3 of the total surface under fruit trees in Montenegro. Olives are grown along a coastline of about 293 km.
2,000 Year old "Big Olive"
- From their indigenous wines to classic chardonnays and merlots, Montenegro produces a tasty selection of vintages not to miss. Cemovsko Field - The largest vineyard on one site in Europe, is an impressive sight to behold, stretching across 2310 hectares of farmland and bordering Lake Skadar at the Southernmost point of the Adriatic coast.
- Olive orchards
5. Adventure Tourism
- "Just as if I have returned to town from the most beautiful fairytale of my childhood." - Sophia Loren
- "When the pearls of nature were sown, on this soil an overflowing handful was gathered. The most beautiful contact between the earth and sea took place at the Montenegrin littoral." - Lord Byron
- "Montenegro is a lovely country for a holiday." - Claudia Schiffer
Map of Montegnegro
Montenegro Top 5 - Must Visit Places in Montenegro
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Old Town of Kotor
- Well preserved Medieval architecture
- Typical ex. urbanization of the middle Ages, 12th-14th century
- Canadian billionare Peter Munk, invest in Porto Montenegro's.
- One of the most famous and prestigious places in Montenegro - Sveti Stefan (St Stephen) is located only 15 minutes drive from Budva. Sveti Stefan is certainly one of the tourist icons of Montenegro.
- Perast is one of the most beautiful little places in Boka Bay, few kilometres from Kotor. Perast is a wonderful old town, with wonderful old architecture. You will enjoy in many old church, but one of the biggest attraction is for sure : Our Lady of the Rock (Gospa od Skrpjela), little island in Boka Bay, with amazing church and museum.
- Skadar/Scadar/Scutari Lake is located in the so called Zeta-Skadar valley that partly belongs to the municipality of the city of Bar and partly to the municipality of the city of Podgorica.
Sveti Stefan Island (Budva)
History and Geography
- Lord Bryon once described the country this way: "At the birth of the planet the most beautiful encounter between land and sea must have been on the Montenegrin coast".
- Montenegro gained its Independency in referendum the 21st of May 2006. It is now the youngest country in Europe.
- Montenegro got its name from the dark mountain forests that cover the land.
- Lake Skadar is the largest in the Balkan region, with two-thirds lying in Montenegro and the remainder in Albania.
- Montenegro has a population of less than one million people.
- The country has 117 beaches along the Adriatic coast.
- Montenegro is a famous tourist destination.
- Podgorica is the capital and largest city of the country. It covers a total area of 55.6 square miles.
- The Tara (Drina) River in Montenegro is known for its clean water.
- International Suncane Skale Music Festival
- Watched in over 50 countries in Europe and around the world
- More than 1000 songs were performed by singers
- Website is visited by over million viewers